You can qualify for disability for both medical and/or mental health reasons. The Department will try to gather necessary information from the doctors, schools, or other people who know you best, but if they have trouble getting information in a timely manner, they may set you up with “one of their doctors.” That’s me.
Here’s what you can expect when you come:
- You will arrive at the office (110 Court Street, Cromwell CT 06416).
- Once you’re in the room with me, I’ll review what to expect, my consent form, and answer any other questions you might have before we start.
- You (or your child) may be scheduled for 1 of 2 kinds of evaluations with me:
- A short evaluation. (about 1 hour), which consists of a short interview about the problems you are having and how it affects you, or
- A longer evaluation (about 2 hours), which involves the interview of a short evaluation plus a cognitive test
- I will prepare a report that I send directly to the Disability offices.